We're proud to introduce future health care leaders of America, the 6th cohort of the Clinic Leadership Institute's (CLI) New Executive Transitions program (nEXt). Recognized for their commitment to California's underserved and readiness to embark upon a path that will enhance their leadership capacity, six executive leaders from safety net organizations across the state have been selected to participate in nEXt. This unique program, which is sponsored by Blue Shield of California Foundation, aims to ensure their success within the critical first year of their new role and helps all participants—and their organizations—emerge stronger and more effective.
This year's nEXt participants are:
- Judy Appel Executive Director, California School-Based Health Alliance (Oakland)
- Jane Fall Executive Director, Cleaver Family Wellness Center (El Monte)
- Lori Holeman CEO, Community Health Systems, Inc. (Moreno Valley)
- Elisa Orona Executive Director, Health Improvement Partnership of Santa Cruz County (Scotts Valley)
- Christy Ward CEO, Cares Community Health (Sacramento)
- Andrea Williams Executive Director, Southside Coalition of Community Health Centers (Los Angeles)
Executive Leadership Development Program at Healthforce Center
Clinic Leadership Institute (CLI) supports the advancement of new and existing leaders in community health. The New Executive Leadership Transitions (nEXt) program is a 12-month program designed to provide new community health center CEOs with the knowledge, skills, and networks to survive and thrive in health care systems of the future. Its unique offerings include intensive leadership training, coaching, and peer networks – all in support of the professionals affecting change on the frontlines of California’s community health centers.
Participants attend in-person sessions that are designed to:
- Strengthen executive and leadership skills
- Facilitating expansion of leadership networks within and outside the community clinic field
- Create peer learning and networking opportunities
- Connect participants to the broader network of Clinic Leadership Institute programs and services
Sign up to get updates on health workforce research insights, trends and leadership opportunities.