The California Improvement Network (CIN) aims to advance the Quadruple Aim by identifying and spreading better ideas for care delivery, and by strengthening relationships between commercial and safety net provider and health plan communities in California. CIN is a project of the California Health Care Foundation and is managed by Healthforce Center at UCSF, an organization dedicated to helping health care organizations drive and navigate change.
Better Ideas for Health Care Delivery
CIN accelerates the spread of quality improvement innovation through:
- Connection: Partner meetings, affinity groups, and other opportunities to build and strengthen connections among partners and members to increase quality improvement capacity.
- Learning: Webinars, workshops, and resources that advance knowledge and skills for early and advanced learners.
- Action: Partners and members of the network act on what they have learned and identify and implement quality improvement initiatives.
Three Priority Areas to Accelerate the Spread of Innovation
To achieve its goals, CIN will focus on the following three priority areas:
- Resilient leadership: the foundation for all improvement efforts
- Addressing social needs that impact health: health begins where people live, work, and play
- Providing care differently: new methods, future thinking
The network is open to new members, who benefit from hearing about the latest quality improvement resources, tips, and tools. CIN also hosts webinars, workshops, and full-day meetings.
CIN Connections captures learnings and tools from periodic network meetings. Here are recent reports, which reflect the wide range of topics the network members address:
- CIN Connections, Winter 2022: Centering Equity in Health Care Improvement
- CIN Connections, Summer 2021: Caring and Sharing: Supporting the Primary Care Workforce
- CIN Connections, Spring 2021: Addressing Racism to Improve Health
- CIN Connections, Fall 2020: Emerging Innovations: Health Care During a Pandemic
- CIN Connections, Spring 2020: Foundations for Health
- CIN Connections, Summer 2019: Leadership for Continuous Change and Improvement
- CIN Connections, Spring 2019: Managing Financial Risk and Total Cost of Care
- CIN Connections, Fall 2018: Integrating Primary Care and Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- CIN Connections, Spring 2018: Healing the Healers
See the CIN website for more information.
Join CIN now to be part of this important resource for changemakers and leaders!