Healthforce Center provides advisement and tailored consulting services for organizations with unique needs and objectives. We work closely with clients to understand short-term and long-term challenges and develop strategies to position them for success. The faculty and staff bring decades of experience and are able to leverage a broad network of collaborators to develop and conduct engagements.
We have expertise in exploring landscape issues to determine potential paths forward; reviewing and summarizing research to inform decision making; providing issue area recommendations and roadmaps; forecasting; policy analysis; identifying strategy options; developing curricula; surveying the field; and many more areas. We will work with you to assess your needs, identify desired objectives, and craft an engagement to achieve those objectives.
Highlights of Healthforce Center’s extensive advisement and consulting work include:
- Deepening understanding of factors that contribute to burnout among health care workers and developing recommendations for investments in effective strategies for increasing worker well-being and health equity for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Rapid response health care workforce surge planning strategies and resources at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic to support the State of California in its emergency response.
- Contributing to hospital standards for culturally competent patient-centered care for the Joint Commission’s Expert Advisory Panel.
- Assessing impact and cost of the California Future Health Workforce Commission recommendations to inform the state's strategic investments in the health care workforce.
- Informing cultural competence pilot strategies for the National Initiative for Children's Health Care Quality to ensure care is safe, effective, efficient, timely and family centered.
- Creating core leadership competencies for community health center executive leaders to inform and guide training and development efforts by the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC).
What goals can we help you achieve next? To explore your options with Healthforce Center, contact Deputy Director Rebecca Hargreaves.