In partnership with the California Department of Public Health’s Office of Oral Health (OOH), the California Oral Health Technical Assistance Center (COHTAC) supports local oral health programs (LOHPs) with school-linked and school-based dental programs, facilitates partnership workgroups and strategic planning, provides training and technical assistance on a variety of topics central to the LOHP workplans, and maintains and improves a resource website.
COHTAC will proactively communicate with OOH and LOHPs to design, deliver, and evaluate synchronized and efficient technical assistance to LOHPs to support them in achieving their workplans and improving the oral health of Californians.
COHTAC’s funding, which runs from July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2025, outlines these central goals:
- Maintain and continue to expand the existing COHTAC resources and learning opportunities for LOHPs and partners.
- Provide technical assistance to the LOHPs regarding community-based, school-based, and school-linked dental programs.
- Coordinate and facilitate California Partnership for Oral Health workgroups.
- Support adoption and implementation of the Oral Health Literacy and Tobacco Cessation toolkits.
- Provide logistical support for community water fluoridation efforts.
Kristin Hoeft, PhD, MPH, Principal Investigator
Aubri Kottek, MPH, Program Manager
Katie Conklin, RDH, MS, Specialist
Baharak Amanzadeh, DDS, MPH, Co-Investigator
Sepideh Banava, DDS, MPH, Co-Investigator
Rebecca Hargreaves, MPP, Co-Investigator
Gustavo Sanchez, BA, CHW, Program Administrator